Thursday 18 August 2016

MUSIC VIDEO - IDEA 1 

The majority of the time spent on this task took me to find a right song, which wasn't as easy as I thought at the beginning of the research. 
For my first idea I have chosen the song called 'In This World' by Moby. This song is a voice sample from a song sang by Jackie Verdell, who was a member of 'The Davis Sisters'. 
However Moby is an organic artists creating electronic music but also is interested in photography. 
The singer is asking the Lord not to leave her alone, not to abondone her, she is lost in the world that she is surrounded by and left all by herself.

My idea for the music video for this song
is to have two sets. 
In the first one the singer is in a
place like a jazz club but there is no audience. 
She is there all alone singing to herself. 





The setting, costume, make up and the props would be followed by the 50’s theme, since the singer was popular in 1950s. She would wear a simple dress together with delicate necklace and earings. She would have a simple eye make up and maroon lipstick. The lighting would be really low. 
She would sing all verses but refreins (lordy dont leave me all by myslef.)








For all the refreins I would like to have shots in a car, when the singer is driving alone in the forest. At that moment there would be a voiceover of the song - lordy dont leave me all by myslef.
I would like the whole video to be faded with additional yellow/green filter over it and grain so there is a feeling of an old clip.
When it comes to stylistic elements I would like them to be motivated by the style of an old movie - to have faded filter with blue or green on top of it with additional grain. To make it even moe realistic. I've been inspired by Lana del Rey's music videos.
 Video Games by Lana del Rey

No comments:

Post a Comment