Saturday 3 September 2016

Idea for a digipack and a homepage for Moby 

Moby is a organic artist. He is very honest and natural when it comes to his work. Looking back at his all album covers I have noticed few patterns that are visible in every design. 
In every album cover he uses repetetive features like blue, yellow, green , white colours, pictures, his face, 'Moby' sign and the title of the album. However he lates covers do not contain the picture of his face. It is only mostly a bright picture or a drawing. 



My idea for a digipack would follow the latest pattern. I would like to use a realy simple picture mostly likely by Moby since he is a photograp
her and sometimes uses his own work like in 'innocents'. The picture would be dominated with white, blue and grey to make it delicate and simple. 

I have noticed that the name of the album and 'Moby' sign are in different places everytime and in different sizes.

Therefore I was thinking about a reallu simple font and white colour to use for the name of the album and the artist.





I looked at the original website and noticed that it's really bright without any vivid colours, any pictutres or any patterns. On the top of the page there is a small design and the rest is completely white and font is a bit grey so it can differ from the rest.




When it comes to the website I would like to keep the general theme of the simplicity and use faded pictures by Moby and delicate, pastel colours mostly grey, blue, white and black.

My intentions are not to distract people from the actual work by using to much of a design. 

I want the website to contain the most important information, use short sentences and be easy to use. Since Moby is an organic artists the work is the most important so I would like to emphesize only the information about the albums, concerts and photography. 






No comments:

Post a Comment