Saturday 3 September 2016

Idea for a digipack and a homepage for Son Lux 

Son Lux is an alternative artist. I think his is creating a general atmospere around his work. His songs, album covers and website design is giving me a feeling of really slow paced music a bit disturbing but on the other hand a little melancholic. Looking at his designs they are quite dark and simple mostly with one abstract on it. The picture below is an example of one of the album covers.



Looking at the rest of the album covers I have noticed that there are whether dark or light with some abstract image that is in geometrical shape - circles or lines. 


Son Lux's music personally takes my back and allows me to go back to different memories. Therefore I was thinking about a simple single image on the cover that is thought provoking and connected to memories. 



I was thinking about simple light outline of a an old picture, watch or a sky to be integrated in the a dark cover. I would not add any text to the cover since the previous albums did not have any.  It seems like everything is kept simple and focused on music only. When I saw the official website tehre are only albums showed and this is all there is together with links to social media. 


I wanted to create a website which is going to be following similar concepts but I wanted to add something that would brighten the background a bit. I started thinking about something that looks like an geometrical abstarct but is already existant. I came up with an idea of a dark ackground with a blurry white or grey constellations. 




No comments:

Post a Comment